In Brunei!

Recipes, Guides, the odd restaurant review and help finding all you need to cook auithentic indian cuisine in Brunei!

Sunday 17 October 2010

Restaurant review: Tandoor.com

Tandoor.com delivers excellent indian food in elegant surroundings. Our visit took place on a quiet weekday evening and the ambience in the restaurant was excellent, the service unobtrusive yet attentive.

Our starters were paneer pakora and tandoori fish. Both were excellent, though my dinning companion had to help me to finish the rich, yet delicately spiced pakora- he was happy to oblige. For the main course we had kedai chicken and chicken makhani. The chicken makhani probably gets the vote. Excellent flavour and rich gravy which complemented the high quality plain naans well. The flavour of the kedai chicken was good suited my taste. However, I prefer to avoid bones (in restaurants) and therefore if I was to choose between the two I would go for the makhani.

An excellent sweet lhassi was an super accompaniment to the meal. Our bill came to less than B$50. Certainly not cheap, but, given the excellent surroundings and service certainly good value. I am happy to rec0mmend tandoor.com to my readers.

Tandoor.com is located just off the kiulap roundabout. The restaurants website gives clear directions and a sample menu: http://www.tandoorbru.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment